Bonded warehouse exist to fulfill an important role in international trade including the storage of imported cargo pending importation into and/or exportation from the United States.
We are certified as a bonded warehouse, which provides a secured warehouse for the imported dutiable merchandise that may be stored and manipulated without payment of duty for up to 5 years from the date of importation.
What is Bonded Warehouse?
Is a secured warehouse for the imported dutiable merchandise that may be stored and manipulated without payment of duty for up to 5 years from the date of importation.
Why Bonded Warehouse?
- Bonded warehouse acts as a safe haven for items subject to a High Duty rate, quota or other import restrictions.
- If goods are intended to be exported, they can be stored and exported without paying duty.
- If merchandise is not for U.S.A Domestic market, you may withdrawal partial quantity of you products for your foreign customer who already place order; and, you can continue to store (Inbond) merchandise until you removed them according to your needs.
- Relief of cash flow: Duty is not collected until the merchandise is withdrawn for consumption. Duty Rate will be based on the rate of withdrawn filing date.
- Merchandise which has been partially withdrawn (partially exported) or manipulated will be treated in its condition and adjusted value upon withdrawal for consumption for the USA Domestic Market. And, payment of Duties charges will occur at the rate of Duty imposed by law on such merchandise on the Date of Withdrawal.
What can be done in a Bonded Warehouse?
- Manipulation in Bonded Warehouse - Merchandise which has been entered and remains in continuous Customs custody may be cleaned, sorted, repacked, or otherwise change in condition. And, it may be continuous or repetitive for a period of up to 1 year.
What Processes of withdrawals that can be done?
- Withdrawal for Consumption (Subject to MPF (Merchandise Processing fee): $0.3464%, Min $26.22, Max $508.70, is due at the time of withdrawal)
- Re-warehouse Entry
(Merchandise withdrawn from a warehouse in one port may be entered at a different port)
- Transfer to another bonded warehouse (within the same port)
- Withdrawal for Transportation (Transported from one port to another port)
- Withdrawal for Exportation
- Blanket Permits to Withdrawal
- Withdrawal for Consumption
- Withdrawal for Immediate Delivery
- Transfer to another bonded warehouse
- Within the same port
- Transfer to another port
- Withdrawal for Transportation
- Withdrawal for Exportation: Indirect exportation permitted when various shipments are destined to different destinations.
- Exportation by Foreign Trade Zone – Merchandise may be withdrawal for transfer to an FTZ for admission into the FTZ.